20.2.08

makes me sick.

i've recently come to label myself as a "creative" type. not only because i literally work in the creative department at work, but also because the things I tend to lust over most are born of creativity - whether it be music, movies, books, fashion, design, etc.
on the street, if you divide people into types, I will most likely gravitate towards those with weird (but aesthetically pleasing) hair, tattoos, patterned shirts, etc.
still, sounds cliché to me, but it's the best I can come to in terms of identifying with a group of individuals.

regardless, you must also know that while I try to be creative and want to be creative, I don't radiate it as much as others do.

that's why people like Vincent Moon make me sick. he's my age, and doing something magical - at least in my opinion. he's created this thing called "take away shows" where amazing indie acts perform on the streets, in a bar, without announcing it to anyone. it's just one or two improvised songs. sometimes people know who they are, and sometimes they don't.
and that's only half of it.

really, it's his style that is so compelling. without going so far as saying that they seem like home movies, he blends lo-fi recordings with french influences that make each video a magical treat. take this performance of "death could be at the door" by Eagle*Seagull. (if you don't know Eagle*Seagull, you should. they're a kick ass lil' band from my hometown of Lincoln, NE and are in the vein of Arcade Fire, to be so crude.)



there's nothing to it, but it's magical. it actually had the ability to make me fall love with the band for a second time.

you can watch the take aways shows on la blogoteque and learn more on the amazing Vincent Moon here.

and you can find it on iTunes as a podcast to subscribe to.

apparently he hates MTV. thank god.


No comments: